Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday Friday Friday!

1. Leonardo DiCarprio Doppleganger

Um, have y'all seen this kid? I didn't know it wasn't Leo...


Apparently there is a swedish bartender that looks just like 90s Leo. Crazy!

2. City Select Stroller
This week I FINALLY bought a stroller. After months of debating, I bit the bullet. (I've been using a car seat/frame stroller combo). I went with the City Select by Baby Jogger. I was down between the City Select and the City Mini but eventually opted to go with the Select because it has the option of becoming a double stroller. For a limited time, you can get the second seat for FREE. ($170 value) I bought mine on Amazon, but it's also on BuyBuyBaby. This stroller has SIXTEEN different configurations including double car seat, double bassinet, double toddler seat and any other combination therein. We aren't sure of our baby time table but we loved the flexibility of this stroller!

3. Baby Toys
Beckett is quickly getting tired of pretty much ALL of his toys. I'm lost on what to buy a 6 month old...any suggestions?
4. New Furniture!
We are finally starting to get somewhere with decorating our house! Our couch and rug came this week and I'm SO excited! Of course, now I just need to buy coordinating pillows, end tables, coffee table, artwork etc etc etc...but for now these brown pillows from the den will have to work, and these mismatched tables will be our end tables. I'm just thrilled to have a rug! This couch was made by Lee in High Point, NC which was a huge selling point for me. Also, I got to choose my fabric and I adore it. It has a twinge of grey in the weave and is in a herringbone pattern. Although from a distance, it's hard to notice. The cushions are down, so they will look a little fuller when they loosen up, and I can't wait to curl up on it and read a good book. Perhaps my favorite feature is the nail head bottom. I debated getting a style with nail heads across the back and sides, but opted for the simpler look. (Warning: I'm not a photographer, so these pics aren't great at showing just how pretty this couch is!)




Close up of the rug- LOVE this color palate.

Rug and Couch came from Carolina Furniture and Interiors - I had an amazing sales rep that has helped me choose paint colors for upstairs, and will help me finish this room!

5. Making Your Own Baby Food
Now that Beckett is on to solid foods, I've been thinking about making my own food. It can't be THAT hard, right?! (Famous last words.) I'm betting the hardest part will be finding the time...I've been researching different baby food making systems and this is the one I'm leaning towards. I have a ninja, a cuisinart, and a Vitamix, so I think I just need something that will help me transfer it into jars/squeeze packs. Have you had success in making your own baby food? Any tips? What systems do you use? Do I even need one??

Infantino Squeeze Station

I like the idea of using reusable packets for traveling, and so I'm also researching systems that work with those.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS