Thursday, June 19, 2014

Photo Shoot with Dogs Life Photography


This past Christmas my mother and father-in-law gave us a gift certificate to have photos taken of us and our 'children' - a hound mix and a Shiba Inu. (Yes, we are those people). To call my husband and I 'dog people' is a gross understatement. In our family, dogs are like children, not just pets. We have been known to have doggie stockings at Christmas, and celebrate dog birthdays - for our Shiba's 8th birthday we let him sit at the table to eat his steak. (Not even kidding.) At least we come by it honestly - my mother in law has a dog watering station in her front yard for the neighborhood dogs to enjoy, and my mother has a "I <3 My Granddogs" bumper sticker on her car. Maybe its genetic.

Lucky for photographer Tom Brodigan, there are people like us, obsessed with the idea of a dog photo shoot. We met Tom up at a dog beach in our area in hopes to get some great shots of our dogs running around, playing and going nuts.  Unfortunately our Shiba (Barley), who is probably smarter than us, quickly realized that he was under a microscope (or camera lens) we mostly got a lot of sideways glances and angry faces. Thank God our life-loving hound was none the wiser and gave us some great expressions! I was so worried that our efforts would be for naught. But when I got the proofs back from Tom, I was so pleasantly surprised at how great all of the photos really were! You can really see the mark of a great photographer when he can coax a smile out of a Shiba, and turn it into a collection of amazing photographs!

Barley panics being this close to the water...


This is what we refer to as a 'Shiba Smile'











Sweet picture of Barley

Sunbathing

Happiest Little Hound Dog

Family photo - and Barley is none too pleased.

Candid Moment

One of my faves!

After our shoot, Tom sent us a CD with all of our images, and this amazing photo book keepsake.

       
                           I just love the way it looks on this antique brass tray table!

       

        

        

If you're interesting seeing more of Tom's work, checkout www.dogslifephotography.com!

                                                              Xoxo, M


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS